REQUEST A QUOTE
PEDESTAL ROCK BREAKER BOOM SYSTEMS
McQuaid Engineering is a world-leading manufacturer of custom pedestal rock breaker boom systems. We understand that in the mine and quarry industries time is money, and the bottom line is tons per hour. Our rock breaker boom systems are built tough to keep your plant running in the most arduous of applications. Field-proven and customer approved, we have the pedestal rock breaker boom package to meet your specific needs.
McQuaid Engineering Ltd offers the customer a comprehensive range of stationary rock breaker boom systems which enhance the safety, productivity, and profitability of crushing applications in mines and quarries worldwide.
Our pedestal rock breaker boom systems are designed to rake material, break material, reduce downtime and keep your profits flowing in harsh and demanding applications. A rock breaker boom is the safest way to manage bridging, build-ups and oversized materials.
We can provide a rock breaker boom solutions package that is specific to your site requirements. As part of the service, we provide you with product proposal drawings, showing the most compatible model of boom for your needs. The complete rock breaker boom system package consists of a rock breaker boom, power pack, hydraulic hammer, operator controls, supporting steelwork, installation, commissioning, and operator training.
The experienced rock breaker boom team at McQuaid Engineering Ltd. will provide a site-specific assessment and site proposal drawings to assist with good planning and cost control. We will ensure that your equipment is positioned for optimum safety, reliability, and productivity.
Rock Breaker Boom Package Options:
All McQuaid rock breaker boom packages are manufactured with high tensile steel using specialised machining and welding techniques in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 3834-3 standards. Optional extras to our standard packages include:
- Single point lubrication
- Pedestal to steel mounting kit
- Pedestal to concrete mounting kit
- Cold weather grade/ artic steel plate construction
- Autolube systems
Rock Breaker Boom Hammer Options:
We can offer our MQ range of hydraulic hammers that are fully compatible to operate our rock breaker boom; systems or we can supply other well own brands such as Rammer, Sandvik, Montabert, FRD, Terex, Atlas Copco etc.
Power Pack Options:
We provide various power pack options depending on your needs. Our additional options include an immersion oil heater, oil cooler and control panel.
Operating Control Options:
We would always recommend the operator to use a remote control unit. This allows for the boom to be operated from a safe location, where the operator can easily see into the breaking area. Other control options include:
- Operator control stand complete with operator controls
- Stand mounted electric over the joystick control
- Ergonomic seat control
- Operation cabin
Rock Breaker Boom Features:
- Products manufactured to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 3834-3 standards
- Designed to optimise stress distribution
- Optimally combines lightweight and a high capacity
- User-friendly remote controls allow for smooth and agile operation
- Shock absorbing pedestal mounting
- Heat-treated conical pins
- Breaker anti-lunge cushioning within the hydraulic system
- Unlimited visibility from the cabin or operator stand
- Simple assembly, safe, quick, and easy operation
Rock Breaker Boom Benefits:
- Long term plant production is vastly improved when the primary station is equipped with a rock breaker
- Bridging is eliminated, maintaining uninterrupted flow of material through the crusher
- Downtime due to build ups is drastically cut, ensuring a steady flow of material through the primary station
- Payback time on the investment is usually very short due to the vast economic benefit as a result of increased productivity
- The safest way to clear the crusher cavity
- Endures tough duty cycles in demanding applications
Our rock breaker boom systems toughness combines performance with industry-leading engineering, providing you with a truly ground-breaking solution.