REQUEST A QUOTE
An automatic locking mechanism holds the grab open between lifts, allowing quick and easy single person operation. This allows for much greater efficiency loading and unloading. With no need to move multi-way pallets backwards and forwards, unnecessary waste on the building site is eliminated, saving both time and money.
McQuaid block grabs are made to lift very heavy loads, and their adjustable design can be adapted to a wide variety of different jobs. Heavy duty rubber pads not only allow for easy replacement, but also give an enhanced grip on uneven surfaces. All of our block grabs are fully certified and tested before dispatch, giving you total peace of mind.
Block Grab Features:
- Can handle common building packs of blocks, bricks and kerbs up to a SWL of 2200kg
- Compatible with a wide range of carriers; forklifts, telehandlers, cranes, and excavators
- Automatic catch mechanism enables a single operator to stack or unstack secure loads
- Height adjustment supports
- Lifting eye for attaching to crane or hook via a drop chain
- External handles for ease of operation
Block Grab Benefits:
- Fully certified
- Fully complies with the most stringent safety requirements
- Removes the need for pallets
- Enhanced grip on uneven surfaces
- Minimal maintenance requirements
The McQuaid BG44 Mechanical Block Grab – Designed to lift a single stack of 44 blocks.
The BG44 grab is a fully certified grab used for handling common building packs of blocks, bricks and kerbs up to a SWL of 1500kg.
The McQuaid BG88 Mechanical Block Grab – Designed to lift a 2 stacks of 44 blocks, 88 blocks in total in one lift.
The BG88 grab is a fully certified grab used for handling common building packs of blocks, bricks and kerbs up to a SWL of 2200kg.
The McQuaid BG88 Uni Block Grab – This model can lift both a singular bale of blocks (44) and also 2 bales of blocks (88). It is the most versatile version in our block grab range. The BG88 Uni grab is fully certified grab used for handling common building packs of blocks, bricks and kerbs up to a SWL of 2200kg.
Block Grab Accessories:
In addition to the block grabs we also stock safety nets, drop chains and fork attachments. The use of a net is recommended to increase safety and to ensure that no damage will be caused if your load comes loose from the block grab. It is important to note that loose or split packs should not be lifted. All packs should be strapped for safety.