The McQuaid range of Mechanical Grapples are the ideal excavator attachment for land clearance, skip sorting and general forestry work. The mechanical grapple is the premier grapple of choice in the demolition and forestry industries due to its robust design and ease of use.
As our mechanical grapples are designed for use directly in place of the machines own bucket, no additional circuitry or hydraulics are required as it uses the excavator link arm and cylinder to create movement. As the bucket cylinder is opened or closed, the jaws are opened or closed to grab carry or load. Safety is assured with three fingers facing the excavator cabin and the two interlocking fingers facing away from the cab, meaning any logs or other materials are broken away from the operator.
The five finger design allows for better handling of materials and more flexibility. The interlocked webbed design also provides more strength through the grapple construction. Built to exact tolerances from premium materials, the McQuaid range of mechanical grapples has an excellent strength to weight ratio. The robust, high strength steel reduces maintenance costs and increases lateral strength and longevity.
Mechanical Grapple Features:
- Five tine design allows for better handling
- Interlocked webbed design gives maximum strength
- Replaceable bearings in main hinges
- High strength, anti-abrasion steel
- Complies with rigorous safety requirements
- Seals protect the pins from grease and dirt, reducing maintenance
Mechanical Grapple Benefits:
- Boxed tines increase strength, maximise production and minimise downtime
- Swift assembly – supplied ready to go
- Engineered for excellent handling performance, ease of use and proficiency
- An essential grab for handling irregularly shaped loads
The McQuaid reputation is built on offering only the strongest, most durable and safest products. Designed and manufactured to our exacting standards, our mechanical grapples are made to work steadfastly in the harshest of environments.