The McQuaid Engineering Ltd. Selector Grab is the ideal excavator attachment for demolition, sorting, reclamation and recycling activities. Reliable, service friendly and extremely strong our selector grabs are characterised by their robust construction which guarantees longevity.
The McQuaid sorting/ demolition grab has perforated jaws giving a full view of the materials being handled and allows finer dust and gravel through. Manufactured from special steel built to ISO 3834 – 3 and ISO 9001:2015 standards, the perforated jaw skins are light yet strong and durable. Our grabs are manufactured to have wide pivotal points and hardened, over dimensioned pins and bearings. Extra wide bushes decrease the overall tension in the construction, prolonging the life of the grab.
In the event of a sudden drop in oil pressure, the cylinder(s) have a safety valve to prevent accidental opening. The cylinder has an extra-long stroke, so the grabs jaws always align perfectly with each other, even if the cutting edges are worn.
- Integrated endless 360 rotation with sturdy slewing ring
- Load safety valve ensures safety during operation
- Integrated pressure relief valve protects against overcharge
- Cylinders with end position damping
- High strength to weight ratio
- Tremendous closing power due to the long hinge arms to the cylinder
- Fast open/ close cycles for high productivity
- Better pick up due to the jaws opening vertical to the ground
- The construction of the grab gives extra torsion rigidity to the jaws
- Durable materials ensure a long life even with poor lubrication
- Synchronised movement pivoted to a strong frame work allows easy and concise operation
- Perforated jaws give optimal visibility
When you purchase a McQuaid Selector Grab you can be assured that high grade material and precision design ensure maximum performance in harsh working conditions. Our ingenious and maintenance free grab range can provide you with the ultimate grab attachment for picking, demolition, loading and sorting a multitude of materials on a range of carriers from mini diggers to excavators.