Are you an experienced Manufacturing/Production Engineer looking for the next stage of your career starting 2020?
McQuaid Engineering Ltd are a manufacturer (OEM) of specialist attachments with over 25 years’ experience selling into the construction and recycling markets. We work to high quality standards, including ISO 3834 and ISO 9001.
We are continuously striving to show a sustained commitment to our people, processes, innovation, outstanding product quality and exceptional customer service.
Due to continued growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Manager.
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Responsible to: Lead Engineer
Location: Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Hours of Employment: 40 hours – Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 5.00pm or 08:00am to 5:30pm and Friday 8am to 1.30pm
Salary: Negotiable/Dependent on experience
Working as a member of a close-knit team, the right candidate will be working with the design and manufacturing teams to ensure manufacturing solutions are delivered which meets and exceeds Quality, Safety, Cost & Schedule Requirements.
Take sales orders for products through all engineering processes to ensure on cost on time and to customer specification. This includes design reviews, ECR updates, BOM verification, customer documentation and manuals.
For Sales Orders:
- On receiving jobsheet, generate a check list with all tasks to be carried out for Engineering to fulfil this job (considering – customer correspondence, purchase lists, kits, packing lists and customer manuals)
- Liaise with customers for clarification about product requirements and for troubleshooting of equipment
- Issue to Purchasing – Purchasing list for the order ideally within 24hrs of order receipt
- Issue rest of paperwork when required by Production Planner (weldkits/build kits/check lists/packing lists/customer manuals)
- Before issuing any paperwork/manuals – they must all be checked for accuracy
For Pre-Production Planning – ECR/ISO Practice
Working along with the Lead Engineer and Production Planner, allow time to follow practice before bringing through next batch of products through factory:
- Carry out ECR for each product before it goes to nest
- Follow through ECR process:
- Carry out any amendment to the model and save, making sure that an ECO doc is raised in support with serial number allocated
- Make sure all BOM docs are updated; Weld Kit, Build Kit, Purchase Kit, Machine Shop List, Saw List
- Make sure all Nesting Software assembly lists are up to date before nesting/cutting.
- Make sure all factory manuals are amended and up-to-date
- Save information in the agreed locations
- House Keeping – clean folders
- Obtain Weld Kits & Build Kits from storeman once kitted and update any incorrect/missing information on doc’s and model if necessary
- Obtain Build Kit from Fitters after testing and update any incorrect/missing information on doc’s and model if necessary
- Update MR (Material Requirement) doc’s on changes when necessary
Provide Technical Assistance to Design Office:
- Assist in New Product Development and keep track of product development from start to end
- Ensure the latest design revisions and/or new generation design are clearly marked and maintained on the server for future references
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve issues
Work to ISO-9001 Standards – follow procedures set out and follow ECR flowchart:
- Establish a tracking procedure for tools within our stores, workshop and tools dispatched for recalibration
- Assist in the creation of assembly manuals, fabrication manuals
- ISO Audits
- Carry out any relevant training required
- Adherence to Health and Safety Regulations
- Ad hoc duties as required
Experience & Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing/Production Engineer role in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proficient user of PDM System
- Degree/Higher Level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Competent user of CAD Software, ideally Solidworks
- Experience in preforming design calculations, e.g. stress loading
- Experience in designing components using high machining tolerance
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic components parts
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Birthday treats
- Career development and progression
- Free car parking
- Full time hours with early finish on a Friday
If you feel your skills and experience match this job opportunity, please send us your details by downloading and completing the Equality Monitoring Form on the Careers Page and uploading it and your CV in the upload area.
McQuaid Engineering reserve the right to vary criteria for shortlisting purposes.