Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Location: Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Hours of Employment: Full Time
Due to expansion, McQuaid Engineering Ltd are seeking to recruit a highly organised and self-driven Senior Design Engineer.
You will be required to take ownership of our design and manufacturing process, using CAD Software and following ISO 9001 standards.
The role will be very rewarding, allowing you to get heavily involved in the development and manufacture of products that incorporates hydraulic and electrical components and would suit a Senior Design Engineer that has prior mentoring experience ready to take the next step in their career.
All products are manufactured in-house and you will experience the product going through the stages of full production including cutting, folding, fabrication, precision machining and assembly, test and finish.
At McQuaid Engineering Ltd we go the extra mile to control the high standard of quality in our equipment by designing and manufacturing internal component parts for our units including cylinders and oil transfer units and all products are precision machined to high tolerances.
- Develop improvements and carry out modifications for existing products through ECR process, emphasis on robotic welding and lean manufacture
- Design and generation of new products from concept following standards of FMEA
- Design and generate fixtures and jigs for the purpose of lean manufacture
- Project Management of client’s orders
- BOM Management
- Engage in cross training across all elements of the engineering department, including production engineering
Experience & Skills
- Degree educated in Engineering, ideally with design experience in heavy equipment design
- Competent user of CAD Software
- Knowledge of preforming design calculations, e.g. stress loading
- Knowledge in designing components using high machining tolerance
- Knowledge of hydraulic components parts
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and European Directives
- Good communication skills
- Troubleshooting and the ability to resolve problems
If you feel your skills and experience match this job opportunity, please send us your details by downloading and completing the Equality Monitoring Form on the Careers Page and uploading it and your CV in the upload area.
McQuaid Engineering reserve the right to vary criteria for shortlisting purposes.