Due to company growth and expansion, McQuaid Engineering Ltd are seeking to recruit a highly organised and self-driven Production Supervisor.
The role will be very rewarding, allowing you to get heavily involved in supervising and leading a team to manufacture products to the highest standards.
All our products are manufactured in-house and you will experience the product going through the stages of full production including cutting, folding, fabrication, precision machining and assembly, test and finish.
Quality is extremely important to us, as a ISO-9001 & ISO-3834 accredited company, we pride ourselves in the precision manufacturing practices we carry out.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Dungannon, Co. Tyrone
Hours of Employment: Monday to Thursday 7am to 4.15pm and Friday 7am to 1.30pm
- Overall supervision and governance of production employees
- Drive the processes and employees to meet deadlines and production targets
- Responsible for managing the Opening/Closing of the factory
- Allocating work to employees in conjunction with the production schedule
- Overall factory & yard housekeeping
- Liaising with the Production Planner to organise work on the factory floor.
- Set weekly and daily tasks to Team Leaders and employees based on provided schedule.
- Along with the Team Leaders, manage production issues and improvements.
- Drive floor production and advise Production Planner when parts/assemblies are ready to move from a department.
- Managing the despatches, final checks and loading of customer orders to set processes
- Managing production employee time-off/holiday schedule with HR and communicate to Production Planner for scheduling purposes
- Managing monthly employee reviews/appraisals with HR
- Managing the supervision of production overtime, ensuring efficiency at all times
- Co-ordinate the training of new employees on the factory floor
- Organise and arrange customers repair job MOT’s
- Ensuring product quality meets company’s set standards
- Equipment daily/weekly maintenance supervision
- Standard PPE and Health and Safety discipline carried out and lead by example ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is maintained at all times
Experience & Skills
- Previous experience working in a highly-regulated Engineering/Manufacturing Environment
- 2 – 3 years’ supervisory experience, leading a team of up to 20 employees
- Be a strong decisive leader with the ability to motivate and guide a team to achieve production targets and take full responsibility of the factory floor at all times
- Have the ability to resolve problems and be adaptable to change
- Flexibility with regard to working hours to ensure production targets are met on time
- Good communication skills and a diplomatic working style
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with varying demands and situations
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Career development and progression
- Free car parking
- Permanent job
- Full time hours with early finish on a Friday
- Immediate start available
If you feel your skills and experience match this job opportunity, please send us your details by downloading and completing the Equality Monitoring Form on the Careers Page and uploading it and your CV in the upload area.
McQuaid Engineering is an Equal Opportunities Employer