Job Title: Buyer
Responsible to: Directors
Location: Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Hours of Employment: Full Time
Fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to work for a market-leading organisation. Due to expansion, McQuaid Engineering Ltd is seeking to recruit a highly organised and self-driven Buyer.
The main purpose of this position is to play a key role within the company in delivering a consistent approach towards all sourcing and purchasing activities with the ethos of maintaining good supplier relations and obtaining quality products at the best price.
- Daily procurement of goods, materials, components and services in line with production and sales order requirements using Sage Line 50.
- Ensure continuous regulated supply of required goods and materials by managing supplier call off orders and long lead time product supplies.
- Explore areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Negotiate and establish supplier contracts and agreements.
- Manage supplier performance evaluation, proactively taking corrective action as required, in conjunction with ISO9001 Standards.
- To manage monthly stock take in conjunction with stores and identify and resolve discrepancies that may arise with regard to stock, ordering or payment of materials.
- To ensure accuracy in the recording and upkeep of purchasing Bills of materials.
- Produce reports as required, to include supplier performance, cost reduction and shortage elimination.
- To take ownership for developing a knowledge of our products, parts and services.
- Keep up to date with the external business environment and be fully aware of any changes in inflation.
- Build relationships with all staff and develop channels of communication with all departments.
- Manage supplier non-conformances.
- Process purchase order requisitions through Sage Line 50 ensuring product codes are correct.
- A minimum of three years purchasing experience
- Sage Line 50 Experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Related industry qualifications a plus
f you feel your skills and experience match this job opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com.
McQuaid Engineering reserve the right to vary criteria for shortlisting purposes