Job Title: Graduate Design Engineer
Responsible to: Senior Design Engineer
Location: Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Hours of Employment: Full Time
Due to continued expansion and upcoming projects we are seeking to recruit a Graduate Design Engineer.
McQuaid Engineering Ltd is a locally based independent engineering company that manufactures specialist attachments for use within the recycling and mining industries.
Based in Dungannon, this position will provide you with the opportunity to work for a company that uses the latest methods of precision and automation processes and equipment. We want to employ the best available talent within various different roles to meet the continuous rising standards of the industry.
You will be required to fully engage in our design and manufacturing process, using Solid Works and following ISO 9001 standards.
The role will be very rewarding, allowing you to get heavily involved in the development and manufacture of products that incorporates hydraulic and electrical components.
All products are manufactured in-house and you will experience the product going through the stages of full production including cutting, folding, fabrication, precision machining and assembly, test and finish.
At McQuaid Engineering Ltd we go the extra mile to control the high standard of quality in our equipment by designing and manufacturing internal component parts for our units including cylinders and oil transfer units and all products are precision machined to high tolerances.
- Assist with the development and improvement of current and new product lines
- Creation of 3D drawings to meet specific customer needs
- Updating Bill of Materials
- Completion of all associated technical documentation
- Follow any methods that have been developed to bring products from concept through to production and launch
- Specific project work
- Assist with the needs of the department
- Any other relevant duties as and when required
Experience & Skills
- Must be working towards or have a Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Ideally you will have gained experience in a design role within an engineering manufacturing environment (eg Placement Year)
- Experience in the use of 3D CAD packages, including Solidworks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changeable environment
- Good communication and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative, managing your time and projects professionally
- Excellent computer skills
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of technology
If you feel your skills and experience match this job opportunity, please send us your details by downloading and completing the Equality Monitoring Form on the Careers Page and uploading it and your CV in the upload area.
McQuaid Engineering reserve the right to vary criteria for shortlisting purposes.