Job Title: Manufacturing & Design Engineering Manager
Responsible to: Directors
Location: Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Hours of Employment: Full Time
McQuaid Engineering Ltd are a manufacturer (OEM) of specialist attachments with over 25 years’ experience selling into the construction and recycling markets. We work to high quality standards, including ISO 3834 and ISO 9001.
We are continuously striving to show a sustained commitment to our people, processes, innovation, outstanding product quality and exceptional customer service.
We have an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Manufacturing & Design Engineering Manager. This is a pivotal role and will appeal to energetic, ambitious engineers who thrive on making change happen and making a difference
We are looking for trustworthy and proactive Manufacturing & Design Engineering Manager with many year’s hands on engineering experience and proven leadership skills.
The Manufacturing & Design Engineering Manager can expect to work on a number of projects at the same time, build and manage a diverse team of engineers from different disciplines whilst carrying out development work, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
Their responsibilities will include;
- Researching and developing new designs and products
- Ensuring engineering change in both products and process are actioned and completed as part of our continuous improvement process
- Expedition of engineering activities to meet sales orders deadlines
- Responsible for problem solving when issues are raised within our products or processes, may be mechanical, hydraulic or electrical in nature.
- Manage and expedite continuous progress and improvements within our manufacturing facility that including automation such as robotic welding jigs and fixturing
- Oversee all the activities related to each engineering project and provide budgets
- Management and development of PDM system
To be successful as a Manufacturing & Design Engineering Manager within McQuaid Engineering Ltd you should have minimum of 5 years’ experience in same or similar role, exceptional foresight, great communication skills, a working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another,
and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry
If you feel your skills and experience match this job opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com.
McQuaid Engineering reserve the right to vary criteria for shortlisting purposes.