Due to expansion, McQuaid Engineering Ltd are seeking to recruit a highly organised and self-driven Design Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading organisation and develop your engineering career.
Job Title: Design Engineer – Intermediate Level
Responsible to: Senior Design Engineer
Location: Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Hours of Employment: Full Time
You will be required to fully engage in our design and manufacturing process, using CAD Software and following ISO 9001 standards.
The role will be very rewarding, allowing you to get heavily involved in the development and manufacture of products that incorporates hydraulic and electrical components.
All products are manufactured in-house and you will experience the product going through the stages of full production including cutting, folding, fabrication, precision machining and assembly, test and finish.
At McQuaid Engineering Ltd we go the extra mile to control the high standard of quality in our equipment by designing and manufacturing internal component parts for our units including cylinders and oil transfer units and all products are precision machined to high tolerances.
- Assist with the development and improvement of current and new product line
- Creation of 3D drawings to meet specific customer needs
- Updating Bill of Material
- Completion of all associated technical documentation
- Follow any methods that have been developed to bring products from concept through to production and launch
- Specific project work
- Assist with the needs of the department
Experience & Skills
- Degree educated in Engineering or similar qualification, ideally with 3 to 4 years experience in heavy equipment design
- Experience in the use of CAD Software
- Technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Understanding of design calculations and machine tolerances
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changeable environment
- Good communication and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative, managing your time and projects professionally
- Excellent computer skills
If you feel your skills and experience match this job opportunity, please send us your details by downloading and completing the Equality Monitoring Form on the Careers Page and uploading it and your CV in the upload area.
McQuaid Engineering reserve the right to vary criteria for shortlisting purposes.