McQuaid Engineering manufacture a range of heavy engineering solutions, we are widely known for the quality and performance of the products we supply.
Due to continued growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a CNC Machinist. McQuaid Engineering work to high quality standards, including ISO 3834 and ISO 9001.
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Responsible to: Production Manager
Location: Dungannon, Co Tyrone
Hours of Employment: Full Time
- You will be expected to work on a variety of machines including CNC Lathes, CNC Machine Centre, CNC Milling Machine, CNC Band Saw and Manual Lathes, drills and saws
- Working with the machine shop supervisor you must;
- Ensure machines are working to production schedules provided and are working to full capacity on a daily basis.
- Ensure component parts are clamped/set up on machine correctly to avoid machining issues.
- Ensure parts are machined to drawings provided and to correct tolerances.
- Ensure real time setup and run times for component parts going through the machines are captured and provided to production co-ordination.
- Ensure that efficiency suggestion and improvements in products moving through the machines and operation in the machine shop are provided.
- Create Programmes when necessary for new component parts.
- Modify existing programmes when required
- Adhere to ECR/ECO process within company.
- Adhere to ISO quality disciplines.
- Carry out any relevant training required
- Adherence to Health and Safety Regulations
- Previous experience within a similar environment, operating workshop machinery
- Experience of machining and programming, including CNC lathes
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Full working knowledge of CNC Software
- Proven measurement and mathematical skills
- Ability to work to strict timeframes, with exceptional attention to detail
- Be a good team player and have the ability to use your own initiative
If you feel your skills and experience match this job opportunity, please send us your details by downloading and completing the Equality Monitoring Form on the Careers Page and uploading it and your CV in the upload area.
McQuaid Engineering reserve the right to vary criteria for shortlisting purposes.